Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Blogging Manifesto

Hi guys! I am officially back from my prep week hiatus and feeling totally re-energized about blogging.

It was important for me to take a break because I felt like I really needed to re-evaluate my blog and where I want to go with it. These past few weeks have been tough for me, in terms of The Runaway Reader and I felt like I was slipping further and further away from what I wanted the blog to be. And the problem was that I had no clue what I wanted in the first place!

So during my hiatus, I thought long and hard about what The Runaway Reader represents and came to some conclusions that I decided to form into a blogging manifesto. In the past, I never thought I needed one but now, it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that I do need one. I need something to guide me and lift my spirits up whenever I'm in another blogging slump. So without further ado, my blogging manifesto! 

Annie's Blogging Manifesto

  1. My blog is a part of me and will always represent who I am.
  2. I will treat this blog as a hobby, not as a duty.
  3. I will blog with passion and integrity always.
  4. I will not let anybody else determine how I blog.
  5. I will always try my best to do as much I possibly can.
  6. But at the same time, I will understand that I need a break sometimes and will not fear taking a step back from blogging.
  7. While blogging means a lot to me, I will not compromise my life outside of the blog because of it.
  8. I will not be afraid to go against the tide.
  9. I will not feel obliged to do ANYTHING.
  10. I will always make sure to display proper conduct.
  11. In no circumstances will I ever participate in spreading drama or negativity.
  12. I will not let myself get jealous or compare myself to other bloggers.
  13. I will not think about blogging statistics.
  14. I will be appreciative of each and every reader I have.
  15. I will do my best to respond in a meaningful way to every comment when I can.
  16. I will make an effort to be active outside of my own blog.
  17. I will accept the fact that the day when I no longer want to/can blog will arrive and learn not to be fearful of it.
  18. I will continue to blog because I love it and not because I have to.
  19. But most importantly, I will appreciate and be proud of what I have accomplished and learned because of blogging.

So this was mostly just a post for me to refocus and re-evaluate some of my goals when blogging but if you have a manifesto too, I want to know how it works for you! 

No comments :

Post a Comment