Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Hunger Games Survey Pt. 1

You may remember I did a Harry Potter survey back in October. It was a lot of fun so I was really excited when I saw that the wonderful creater of the Harry Potter survey, Jasmine, made another one centered around The Hunger Games! 

While I must be honest and say that I'm not nearly as large a Hunger Games fan as I am Harry Potter, I'm still looking forward to answering these questions and of course, hearing what you guys have to say! 

Once again, I have split the survey into two parts. This is part one but you can expect part two next week!

District 1
Luxury Items
(Favourite book involving royalty)
---
Cinder by Marissa Meyer, for sure! Partly because it's the ONLY book I've read in the past six years involving royalty but also because it was a great read! Cinderella is one of my favourite fairy tale of all time so it was wonderful to see it retold in a unique way.

District 2
Masonry & Weapons
(Favourite book on war)
---
For sure, I'm going to have to agree with Jasmine on this one and pick The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's one of my all time favourite books and while the war wasn't a main main focus in The Book Thief, it was still splendidly done!


District 3
Electronics & Technology
(Favourite science fiction book)
---
I don't read much science fiction but one that really impressed me was All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. I loved the way time-travelling was used in this book (even though it could have been explained more) and the story was absolutely AMAZING. Had me biting my nails the entire time!


District 4
Fishing
(Favourite beach read)
---
I'm going to interpret this the same way that Jasmine did and choose Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It's such a fun and light read - perfect for the beach!


District 5
Power
(Favourite book involving superhuman/supernatural characters)
---
I think witches constitute as 'superhuman' so Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski will be my pick for this one. It was such a fun read and I loved the idea of a modern-day witch in Manhattan! I was kind of really obsessed with it in grade five.



District 6
Transportation & Healing
(Favourite road-trip/self-discovery book)
---
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. This book introduced me to the magic of road trips so I will forever treasure it. I am now OBSESSED with taking road trips and you can bet when I take that around-the-world trip I've been planning for months now, this book is coming with me.


District 7
Lumber & Wood
(Favourite book with a wilderness/dystopia setting)
---
I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan. It took me a while to think of a book for this category but once I'll Be There came to mind, I felt so stupid for not thinking of it sooner! I really adored this book and the wilderness setting for part of it was so well written!


District 8
Fabrics & Textiles
(Favourite book cover)
---
GAH. I have actually have no clue! There are so many stunning covers so I'm going to narrow it down to my favourite 2013 YA book cover. And that goes to Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. To be honest, I love all her covers but this one hit the right note with its minimalism!


District 9
Grain
(Favourite under-hyped book)
---
This one's a toughie but I have to go with The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney. The book really stood out for me with its educational message and strong characters. I really, really recommend this!


District 10
Livestock
(Favourite book featuring animals)
---
I read Love That Dog by Sharon Creech about four years ago but it definitely fits in this category. It was such a cute and fun read about dogs - what could get better?



District 11
Farming & Agriculture
(Favourite fictional setting)
---
Definitely, definitely Hogwarts from the Harry Potter series! J.K. Rowling wrote it in such a way that it itself almost felt like a whole character. With the shifting staircases, the annoying poltergeist Peeves and the grand Christmas banquet in the Great Hall, which other setting would I rather choose?


District 12
Coal Mining
(Rock-solid favourite)
---
This title will always belong to Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I can read that book over and over and over again and not get tired of it EVER.


The Capitol
Central seat of government
(Favourite book with a political agenda)
---
Honestly, I don't read much books regarding politics so I can't say my picks for this one will be too 'political'. With that said, I have chosen Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins for The Capitol even though I absolutely DETESTED it. It's the only book I can think of that has some essence of politics!



Now tell me, what are your picks for each district? Do you agree or disagree with my choices? Are you a Tribute?

No comments :

Post a Comment