Thursday, August 28, 2014

2 Years of Blogging!

As of today, Thursday August the 28th, I have been blogging for two years.

YES, TWO YEARS.

I feel like I'm dreaming. I feel like this is all a dream and someone needs to pinch me right now. My brain hasn't even begun to process this fact because it all feels at once like a really long time but also a really short time. And usually I'm pretty good at being sappy and talking about how much blogging means to me and how much I love you guys but now that the moment has called for it, I just can't seem to muster up words that adequately describe how wonderful it is to reach such a big milestone.

If you told me back on that fateful day in 2012 when I first started blogging that I would manage to continue doing so for two years, I would have said you were out of your freaking mind. I NEVER stick with things for any more than five months at the most (and you will hear ALL about this from my mum, except that she prefers to refer to all my endeavors as "projects") so if you told me I would stick with something for two years, I probably would have laughed in your face. But it seems, accidentally, I've stumbled upon this great love of mine: blogging about books (and occasionally other random things).

There is this one quote that I like from E.M. Forster about passion. It goes "One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested." And so I am very, very fortunate to have found my passion after years of just being mildly interested in things. I have to admit, however, that none of this would have been as fun and as interesting if you guys weren't with me all along the way. And I mean, ALL OF YOU. Everyone who has commented on my blog, who has taken the time to talk to me, who has taken the time to read my posts and et al. THANK YOU. It is you who keeps me going, who gives me the motivation to continue to blog and even if I have no idea who you are, just the knowledge that some of you are out there and maybe somewhat appreciate what I do here makes me so happy beyond words.

But first, there are some people that I would just like to really, really quickly thank for being my...friends? I feel like I can say that now, right? Or just people I've only talked to once or twice but I still really, really appreciate. God, there are so many people I want to just SPILL MY LOVE OUT FOR YOU and tell you how much I appreciate your existence but we'd be here all day so just very quickly, these are the people I'd especially like to thank and give a quick shout out to!

LesleyChloeShannelleJosephine, LizMitchiiShellyEmilyMeg,  Rachel, ChiaraEmilyP.E. & MariCharlotte, Jen, Aimee, Emily, and Zoe: THANK YOU!

I think I might be missing a few people but anyway, that's what I came up with on the spot but again, I really do appreciate each and everyone one of you!

It's been a crazy ride, these two years. But I can honestly look back and be proud of everything that I've accomplished and thankful of all the wonderful things I've been able to experience and learn because of blogging and thankful of all the brilliant people I've met (or stalked) through blogging.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND A MILLION TIMES MORE. I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. GOODBYE. MWAH.

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment