Friday, August 7, 2015

The Book Blogger TMI Tag


I saw this tag recently on Novel Ink and I had such a fun time reading Erica's responses that I thought I'd go ahead and do it as well, even though no one tagged me. But I have an affinity for surveys / questionnaires. I've never met one that I haven't wanted to fill out / answer right away (the reasons you don't see ten thousand surveys on this blog isn't for a lack of interest, my friends. Hint: it starts with L and ends with "aziness") and this one is no different! So let's get started, shall we?


the book blogger tmi tag.

How old are you?
I'm 15 AND HI TAYLOR SWIFT BUT NO ONE'S TOLD ME THEY LOVE ME YET SO SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S UP WITH THAT. I've basically been waiting to turn 15 since I was like 8 just so I could sit next to a redhead named Abigail and have someone tell me they love me. WHY HASN'T IT HAPPENED YET? What a disappointment. Six more months, universe. Don't keep me waiting. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

What book are you reading?
I am currently rereading Bras & Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski. I'm not very far into it so I don't know if by the end of it, I'll still like it as much as I did in fifth grade but it's definitely bringing back some fond memories. I never ended up reading Parties & Potions which is why I'm rereading the first three books so I can refresh my memory and cross another series off my to-finish list.

What are you wearing?
I wish I could say A GORGEOUS CHIFFON MARCHESA DRESS or a KICKASS LEATHER JACKET WITH SAINT LAURENT ANKLE BOOTS or something else fancy and high-fasion and wow so chic but the reality is I'm sitting here in front of my computer, wearing an old white t-shirt and these hideous terry cloth shorts. It's a look that says "I just came back from a jog! Woo, look at me, so healthy!" or "I'm going on a jog as soon as I finish replying to these emails! But still, look at me! Making good life decisions every day!" but the truth is I haven't moved from my spot in maybe half an hour and I'm drinking a coffee and that's why I'M SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW. IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING.

Favorite OTP?
I don't really have an OTP... There are characters I really like together but I don't spend a lot of time in thinking about one in particular that would be my be all and end all. I really liked Chaolaena for a while and I still do but then there's the matter of SAMLAENA / CORTDOTHIEN (literal no good ship name for these two) so I don't know! I'm so conflicted. But hey, here's a proposal for a new ship: ME + ROWAN WHITETHORN. MMM? HOW ABOUT THAT? I love him so much though.

Blogger or WordPress?
Well, I can't drag the platform I'm using, can I? But I do truly like Blogger. It can get frustrating because there are obviously a lot of things you can't do on a free platform but it suits my purposes. It's easy to use and straightforward and as far as free platforms go, it's good! And obviously design is something people talk about a lot in Blogger vs Wordpress debates and it's probably true that you can do more in terms of web design with Wordpress but there are some really great Blogger designs out there too that look like Wordpress! So for me, Blogger suits what I want to achieve. I don't really see the point of getting Wordpress if I'm not getting hosting and at this point, with my erratic blogging, I don't know if it's wise to invest in that. Maybe it's something I'll think about in the future though I'll have to play around with Wordpress a little more to determine that or maybe I'll just stay on Blogger forever (but get a better design obviously because mine is a little bleh). WHO WILL KNOW? ONLY TIME CAN TELL.

Going outside being active or staying in and reading a book?
IT DEPENDS ON THE ACTIVITY. If you are asking me to jog, no way Jose. I hate jogging and that sounds like the worst idea ever, why would you even ask me that unless you were making a joke. So reading, it is. But if it's something like WATER BALLOON FIGHT or WATER GUN FIGHT or LET'S GO SLIDE DOWN WATERSLIDES or LET'S HAVE A DOGEBALL FIGHT or LET'S PLAY SOCCER or BADMINTON or GO SWIMMING or GO ROCK CLIMBING or BUNGEE JUMPING, then I will have to reconsider. But a lot of it is also dependent on my mood. There are some days when I am just DYING to get out of my house but there are other days when I really just want to stay at home and read a book, maybe go on Tumblr for a while and just relax. So yeah, it really depends. But I would say most of the time, if you gave me the option between being active and reading a book, I would pick the first option just because I can bring a book to whatever I'm doing but I cannot bring the active activity to my reading, if that makes sense? Also I'm really trying to work on not locking myself up in my room all the time this year so this is part of a bigger plan for me.

What is the last book you read?
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West and I LOVED IT. But obviously because it's Kasie West, queen of YA contemporary. I have a review for it going up on the 31st of July so WATCH OUT FOR THAT.

What is the book you’re going to read next?
I have a stack of books that are on my TBR and usually I just close my eyes and spin around and pick one at random - NOT JOKING. But because of due dates at the library, I'm fairly certain my next book will be Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham which I've been really eager to read for a long time (even though I don't watch Gilmore Girls but I KNOW I SHOULD). Let's hope I like it!

Ebooks – yes or no?
YES to ebooks. But over physical copies? I don't know. But if it's just a general question of "hey, do you like ebooks?", I'd be like "heck yeah, why wouldn't I?" They're convenient and have all the cool little functions my paperbacks and hardcovers don't and I read faster when I'm reading them. ALL WIN-WIN.

Where do you prefer to read?
In my bed at midnight with a snack of some sort and my phone nearby.

Who is the last person you tweeted?
Um.. I don't know? Ok well I checked and it was Nova from Out of Time (@NovaBlodger) and it was a fun little chat about Wednesday Addams (who is AMAZING OK. I LOVE HER.)

Whose blog did you look at last?
Novel Ink so I could link to them for this post!

Who is your favorite blogger?
Okay well I obviously can't choose just one... but I'm going to cheat and say someone who doesn't blog any more because I just found out that she stopped blogging a week ago and it's STILL TEARING ME APART and she deserves all the love even though she's gone... Chloe from YA Booklover Blog. She was one of the first bloggers I found and quickly became one of my favourites and she's also just an amazing person. Like even though she's not blogging any more, I implore you to just have a look at her old posts because they are worth every bit of the read. She is so funny and just an amazing person (and I'm probably never going to get over this, truly).

Who is your favorite book-tuber?
I used to watch a lot of Booktube but since then, I've sorta stopped keeping up with it just because I didn't have time any more to sit down and watch it for hours on end (and this is basically Youtube in general for me). And again I can't just pick one because I have so many that I really like but Novella Zoo was a channel I enjoyed watching a lot!

Who is the last author you spoke to?
LOL. This question is so presumptuous, it almost upsets me a little. I don't talk to authors really? Like I guess I have in the past but it was a one-time thing and it was a huge deal like OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE SO AND SO JUST TWEETED BACK AT ME. It certainly isn't a regular thing. They're still in a whole other realm that I'm a little hesitant to venture into.

Who is the last person you texted?
I know you were holding out for something exciting like PRESIDENT OBAMA or my secret boyfriend who happens to be Alfred Enoch but it was really just my mom. She doesn't really text and doesn't know how to view her messages so I texted her so she could figure out how to view it. Fun times!

Who is your all-time favorite book character?
Harry Potter? Tough question though. I'm gonna go with Harry Potter for now though..

UKYA or USYA?
Truthfully I don't keep track of the country of origin for a book. I just kinda read everything and presume that it's American / by an American author mostly because in Canada, that's what we get the most of. So I'd say I read more of USYA and even without looking too much into it, I'm sure I'm right but on the other hand, I also probably read more UKYA than I think just because I DON'T look into it a lot and there are most certainly some authors / books I thought were American but are actually British. Like Neil Gaiman for example. I LEGIT THOUGHT HE WAS AMERICAN FOR TEN YEARS. But he's British so that's a good example of me just not knowing at all.

What is your preferred drink whilst reading?
I try to be healthy and drink water (but always with seven cubes of ice) whenever I'm thirsty or want something to drink but I'm okay with really any of the beverages I usually like to drink. So ginger ale, chocolate milk, milkshakes etc etc. They're all good for reading. AND ICED CARAMEL MACCHIATOS. And vanilla lattes.

If you hated reading, what would you be doing instead?
Going on Tumblr. Going on Twitter. Going on Pinterest. Watching TV. LIKE MASTERCHEF WHICH IS ON NOW CRAP.

How many bookshelves / bookcases do you have?
2 but one is huge so I have tons of room for books.

If you had the choice to meet all of your favorite book bloggers or all of your favorite authors, which would you pick? You can only pick one.
Probably bloggers because while meeting my favourite author would be fun, I have stronger connections with many fellow bloggers who I actually consider to be my friends and while I'm not ruling out an instant best friendship with Morgan Matson or anything, I'd honestly so much rather meet all my favourite book bloggers who I either already know and want to get to know better and be friends IRL because how fun or that I've always looked up to.

Insta-love: yes or no?
Depends on the sitch. I'm more of a believer in insta-attraction though (EXCUSE ME DYLAN O'BRIEN IN THE INTERNSHIP I JUST) but there's such a fine line between the two in books that I feel it gets blurred quite a bit. Most of the time insta-love doesn't work for me, but never say never kids. I don't want to rule anything out.

Favorite author?
I have a lot of authors I love. I don't have a singular author that's above everyone else. I could go with the token answer of JK Rowling but let's be a little more CRAZY than that. Let's go with Morgan Matson because I've read and loved all her books.

What is the number-one book on your wishlist?
THE WRATH AND THE DAWN BY RENEE AHDIEH. I want that book so bad.

Do you prefer books with female or male protagonists?
I read more books with female protagonists but it doesn't really matter for me. I guess I tend to relate to female protagonists more but there have been some really well-written male protagonists that I've related to as well. I can't really say because my pool of selection for male-protagonists is so small, I don't have a whole lot to go off of.

Which is your favourite book-to-film adaption?
Harry Potter! I actually watched the movies before I read the books but then I DID READ THE BOOKS and the movies just brought to life everything in the books so wonderfully.

What is the last song you listened to?
It was a Jake Bugg song, I'm sure, because I was listening to his album. I'm 70% certain it was Ballad of Mr. Jones.

Which do you enjoy reading more – negative reviews or positive reviews?
It depends more on the reviewer. Like I've read really interesting negative and positive reviews. I don't think the positivity or negativity of a rating affects enjoyment of a review FOR ME. I tend to focus more on reviewers. There are some bloggers who are just fantastic at writing reviews in a way that's really interesting for me so typically I'll read all of their reviews, regardless of book or rating.

Who are you going to tag?
If you have three or more vowels in your first name (like me!), I TAG YOU.


Hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers! This was just something very silly that I wanted to do and I had a lot of fun. Even if you don't have three or more vowels in your name, if you want to do this tag, I strongly encourage you to do so! I'd love to get to know a little more about you and read YOUR answers!

No comments :

Post a Comment